Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Summer Of Becca

There is a great Seinfeld episode where George is offered a severance package that includes three months of wages.  He decides to spend the summer doing all the things he always wanted to do but couldn't because of work.  He calls it...the Summer of George.  Predictably, he wastes the three months watching TV and laying around, and then tries to cram everything into a week...including job hunting. Hilarity ensues.

                                                                   Oh George....
After graduation I jokingly labeled the upcoming months as "The Summer of Becca"...which it basically was.  With only six weeks between graduation and marriage, I wasn't able to settle down in any sort of a big-girl job, and spent the time trying not to go crazy with wedding planning (in my shoulda-coulda-woulda file I would like to put "I wish we had eloped...") and filling in at the Sanborn Daycare.  After the wedding and honeymoon, I cleaned, unpacked, organized and partially decorated the apartment (there are still some kinks to work out).  Now, though, the summer of Becca is starting to come to a close. And I realize I'm ready for it to end.

School will start soon, and hopefully some of the bajillion and one job applications I've submitted will start calling me back (shoutout to potential employers--I'm a good worker! I'll do whatever you want! Call me!) and I'm looking forward to having some actual responsibility for a change (living with your parents can really revert you back to teenage-dom...minus the obnoxious attitude, of course).

And one of the bright sides? Having lots of time to enjoy and discover the best of British shows that Netflix can offer. More to come on that.

-B

1 comment:

  1. Today is my last day of the "the summer of Abbey" and I know what you mean! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete